diy dust control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, can anyone steer me in the right direction for dust for a diyer that doesn't cost the earth please? I'm currently stripping a lot of wallpaper and making good which means the mouse sander is seeing a lot of action.

After having to clean all the filter bits twice in a week I thought there must be something better, I saw some dust extraction systems on google but they were 500 odd quid, a bit .such for a 20 sander. I need to do some grinding out and reporting soon so anything that I could reuse for that would be great.

Or should I invest in a more robust vacuum cleaner?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I had a cheap wet and dry vac from lidl that I got fed up with cleaning the filter on. Could only get paper bags which were rubbish and split.

Recently got a Nilfisk Multi II 30T which is so much better. Fabric bags that hold a huge amount and don't lose much suction as they fill. I've had it connected to my grinder and all sorts and it's been excellent. Not had to clean the filter yet. Last time I looked it was almost spotless.

I can get modern white "fleece" bags in the 30 litre size that fit my wet-and-dry. When not available in UK you can order them off ebay from Germany. Look for "STAUBSAUGERBEUTEL 30L VLIES"
For most purposes the cheaper paper bags are fine.

I use a cartridge filter. I have two. I knock off the loose dust when I change the bag. If it eventually gets choked by fine dust suck as plaster, I brush it, and, eventually, hose it off and wash it in the sink and allow to thoroughly dry. That's why I keep a spare one ready to swap.

With good bags the cartridge is slow to clog.

They all have the stretch plastic grommit to seal round the vac spigot and avoid dust leakage.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back