DIY Electrical Changes Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Another long winded post, completely down the wrong avenue, where you've already answered your own question.
Have I?

I can't see a way in which a homeowner can be fined because of a criminal act carried out by a person who owned the house before him.

Do you now agree that they can't?

No need for me to, as I've never said how so or how not so. All you're doing is trying to save face here by unnecessarily asking me how legally it would work when we've done all that's necessary in saying the new home owner needs to sort it out before LABC find out.
You have said, over and over again that a homeowner can be fined.

Nobody else agrees with you, and every time someone tells you that you are wrong you repeat the assertion.

Damned right you need to show how you can be right, if you are so convinced that you are.

But not of what you're insiting that I was insitant of.
You are insisting that homeowners can be fined because a previous owner broke the law.

Yes, I did.
As a number of people here have tried to explain to you, that is simply impossible.

You're the only one performing thread alterations.
I've not altered anything - please either show where I have or retract that allegation.

Nobody else agrees with you, and every time someone tells you that you are wrong you repeat the assertion.

Damned right you need to show how you can be right, if you are so convinced that you are.

Just like looking into a mirror, isn't it? :D

And it's not someone, it's just you, as usual, a one man war against forumees not in your clique.

Sponsored Links
And it's not someone, it's just you, as usual, a one man war against forumees not in your clique.
Wrong.

Do I really have to quote all the other posts from other people here which disagree with you?

Why do you think you can keep making these daft accusations when they are patently unntrue?

Do you still believe that a homeowner can be fined because a previous owner of his house broke the law, e.g. failed to notify something he should have notified?

No, it's not just him. And it's not a war against anyone not in his clique (I've been on the receiving end in the past), it's a war on ignorance and error.

If you assert that a solicitor has said that the current homeowner can be fined for the inaction (failure to notify) of a previous homeowner, then please post an unedited transcript of the statement AND the question it was in response to.
I strongly suspect that there was no such statement (it's hard to imagine any practicing solicitor being that much in error), more likely there has been an "error in interpretation". But if the solicitor did in fact say that, then he needs reporting to his governing body so he can be properly disciplined and/or re-educated.

Maybe you are not looking at the same situation.

I doubt any action involving penalty could be taken against the new owner for a failure to notify by a previous owner other than to strongly recommend that the new owner notifies that the work has been done and the local authority accept the work and issue a certificate for the work.

I strongly suspect that the new owner could face penalties if they fail to comply with any enforcement notices issued to the previous owner that were not acted on.

I am sure that most authorities would be sympathetic to a new owner who had bought a property un-aware (*) of any enforcements applied to the property but the authority would have to insist on the work being done if there was a safety issue until the work was completed.

(*) though local searches should have found those prior to the purchase )

I doubt any action involving penalty could be taken against the new owner for a failure to notify by a previous owner other than to strongly recommend that the new owner notifies that the work has been done and the local authority accept the work and issue a certificate for the work.
I'm convinced of it.

SF, on the other hand, lives in a world where council employees have the power to fine people without recourse to the courts.

If they could prove the work was notifiable (dates etc) then the fine would be for non notification

See the problem here is, someone told me something, you don't like it, so it's a typical forum ming **** ping pong session.

It is the reason the vendor had to take out indemnity, wheather you like it or not.

Do you chaps have nothing better to do than argue over this?

If I can find the policy documents and what ever is is writing, then I'll gladly scan them and post them up.

Jeez, you two still arguing about this, talk about dogs with bones.

Salad, if a solicitor told you that someone purchasing a house can be fined by the courts for non compliance, then please let everyone know the name & contact details of this solicitor.

So they can be reported to the law society for giving their customers incorrect information.

See the problem here is, someone told me something, you don't like it,
No - the problem is that somebody told you something you did not understand or did not listen to, and you have then come here giving a false version and that's what we don't like. It's your stupid error which is the problem.

It is the reason the vendor had to take out indemnity, wheather you like it or not.
Do you still believe that a person can be FINED because of something done by somebody else?

Do you really believe that it's possible to take out insurance against being FINED ?

Do you chaps have nothing better to do than argue over this?
You wrote something wrong.

Your error was pointed out.

You kept on and on and on insisting that you were right when everybody else knows that you were wrong, and people kept telling you that.

If you'd had the common sense to realise that you could not possibly be right then an awful lot of posts could have been avoided.

[qupte]If I can find the policy documents and what ever is is writing, then I'll gladly scan them and post them up.[/quote]
I can confidently predict that we will never see them.

Either you won't be able to find them or you will and then when you read them you'll realise you've been wrong all this time.

Bas, I'm glazing over.

You don't beleive what I were told.

Let's leave it at that before this turns into 50 pages plus of circles.

Nobody believes your version of what you were told.

Tell you what, let's have you grow the cojones to admit that you've been wrong all the time.

I mean - everybody already knows you have been, so....

Nobody believes your version of what you were told.

Yeah, and? Is it going to make a difference to my life if they did?

Tell you what, let's have you grow the cojones to admit that you've been wrong all the time.

I mean - everybody already knows you have been, so....

I can't admit to 'being wrong' when it's information from a solicitor. If you had information from a solicitor, you'd not want to be told otherwise from a wheelchair bound forum user, would you?

In my opinion I'd rather beleive a solicitor over a wheelchair bound forum user who thinks the world owes him and who's been banned from Screwfix forums, banned from Ultimate Handyman forums, banned from Askthetrades forums.......the list goes on :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back