DIY External wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently suffered a number of disasters with using professional builders. One builder constructed a garage base too big, even though I gave home plans down to the nearest millimetre. For the EWI one company went bust taking my deposit of £1500 with them. A second EWI company promised to finish mid December so I could have PV panels fitted before the FIT expires, but hadn't even started by Friday last. So I was thinking of giving up and doing it myself. I will be having an extension built and new roof tiles fitted so there will already be scaffolding fitted. There will be 2 plain walls to cover (one large, one small) with only 2 small windows in each wall. The builder for the extension said he was unable to do the EWI. Is it that much of difficult task, and could I do it myself? I would not do the rendering. Also, there is sufficient roof overhang (around 150mm) to not require extending the roof edge.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back