DIY Garage / Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm looking to add a garage onto my two bed semi in an estate where some similar properties were originally built with garages.

I want to do all the drawings (and construction) myself and although I have a construction related degree and work in the industry have never done anything like this before.

The garage will be to the side elevation and will not protrude in front nor behind the property. It will make full use of the land to the side of the property meaning it will be 'within one metre of the boundary'.

It will be single storey brick built (to fit in with estate) with a simple single pitched timber roof.

There is a slope to the land meaning I am not entirely sure on where the floor level in the garage will be yet or how to prevent it bridging the DPC and am having trouble sketching changes in ground level on my drawings.

Having done a little research it looks like I will need planning permission however building reg control will not need to visit the build.

So my real question is how does all this sound from a planning perspective - am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Jeff

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back