DIY kitchen build, where to shop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps, were currently getting ready to have our kitchen re plastered this week and were going to fit our own kitchen.
The wife wants white gloss that we seen in s and q, id just like to know pound for pound where the best place to go actually is.
We had the kitchen designed from b and q and the price came in around £2600 which I thought was very competetive.
I have had howdens reccomended for the durability of the units and just wanted to see what you guys think.
Plastering should be hopefuly finished on wednesday so all being well want to get cracking a week today so that the kitchen is fully installed three weeks yesterday when we go on holiday.
If anyone can help we would hugely appreciate it kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links
No question, Howdens; very popular with builders & they come with a factory assebled carcase & will beat hands down any DIY shed flat pack kitchen except the now defunct MFI whos kitchens Howdens used to make. You may mot meet that 3 week deadline though but check.

I fitted a gloss white Wickes Kitchen and preferred the chamfered edges compared to the slab wffect of the B&Q doors(which I fitted in the utility room) wickes seems better quality than the B&Q stuff. can't comment is comparison to MFI but I was led to believe they all use 22mm units instaed of B&Q's 18mm...???thats an assumption though! take a tape measure and check them out!

We actually went to wickes but there customer service was terrible and the guy we dealt with did not portray a good image of wickes so I was not keen although i think wickes use a solid back rather than an mdf insert like b n q is this correct?

I did like the wickes range but think it was a little more expensive than b n q

Sponsored Links
send me the details of how many units and i see wat i can do pm as i got told off

Howdens carry most units ex stock and the units are pre built and of good quality.

I have heard horror stories regarding B&Q about availability of stock and having the initial 90% of units delivered and then waiting months for the rest. If they have it all in stock then OK but otherwise I would be wary.

Our Wickes is really good sounds like yours is pants. :(

You could try Magnet

http://www.magnet.co.uk/

dont know where you live but i use a company in manchester called tkc a 1metre base unit £45 all 18mm including back theydo doors sinks the lot and i cannot find anyone cheaper and as good a quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back