kitchen fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are planning a new kitchen.

I would like to know if a good joiner can be expected to cut a pre assembled unit ie. howdens to incorporate boxed pipes for example.
We have the water pipes running ina box where two of the walls meet.

Also the same question applies to the stoptap. Is it quite common to cut holes in the units to accomodate the stop tap?

I have had a go at designing the layout and for one of the runs there
is a gap between the end of the unit and the wall ie. about 5cm. Are end panels used to fix this sort of issue?

Also what are the people's experiences in terms of supplier faults with the major supplier ie. howdens ikea b&q magnet. Which do you think provide the best customer service (regardless of quality)?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes the units can be hacked/cut to fit and access to valves etc.

How well this is done it down to the fitter.

Howdens, b&q etc, all pretty much the same tbh. Your fitter will thank you to buy ready made units tho!

If you have pipes in a corner then a corner unit does not need to fit into corner, often stands off by 200mm+.

Sponsored Links
Hi i do prefer to use howdens as they seem a better quality yes you can cut the backs to suit pipes etc, if a corner unit is used remember these sit off the adjoining wall between 175 & 220 depending on the unit used, i use either end panels or kick boards to fill any caps at wall end a good fitter will have no problems , have fun john :D :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back