DIY shower hose, what parts are required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m after a long shower hose, looking online I can see a 3m hose, however I need around 10m (really tall ceiling, joking)

I was thinking of using garden hose but no idea what sort of connections I need to screw into shower head and the shower mixer which uses a standard shower hose

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you looking to make a shower for washing pets ? if not why would you need to do this ?

Are you looking to make a shower for washing pets ? if not why would you need to do this ?
Exactly that :D in our garage we have a thermostatic shower mixer unit (not sure of correct name) which is fed from the downstairs toilet hot & cold pipes, it works perfectly however the shower hose is too small and want to shower him on the front lawn instead.

I’ve seen the shower hose couplers but shower hoses are hardly cheap and would need at least 4 of them, but hoping there’s a way I can just use garden hose instead. I believe their not really for hot water but it’ll only be somewhat warm

Just ensure you buy a really good quality garden hose. Normal 1/2" bsp female compression coupler will fit the shower end just pack it with rubber washers, then use a little copper pipe out of the end, warm the hose and push over the copper tails and then use jubilee clip to secure.

Don't forget the double check valves on the supplies.

Sponsored Links
Your spoiling your dog. Friend of mine used to wash his great dane in cold water from the outside tap whilst the dog was tied to a tree.

Wouldn’t a normal garden hose just kink when it got hot?
Maybe a reinforced one could be better.
John :)

Barbed hose tails with a female 1/2" BSP fitting are advertised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back