diy sky multiroom add on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello out there can anyone please help my granddaughter and grandson live with me each have there own room .the boy has sky in his room .i have sky/plus downstairs .have got hold of sky box for the girl .can anyone help with information on how to add box to multiroom thank you .

Sponsored Links
You will need to connect your new box to the LNB on the dish with satellite grade coax. I strongly reccomend the foam filled stuff because it is impossible for it to fill up with water. Assuming the box in the boys room is a standard sky box (not sky+) there should be a spare output on the LNB for you to connect to. Outside connections should be sealed with self amalgamating tape after putting on the connector.

You will also need to connect up the phone line to the box since sky insist on all boxes on a multiroom setup being on the same phoneline (so they can check they are in the same house).

Once you have the box connected and working for the free to air channels you will then need to call sky to get it added to your contract and get a card for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back