DIY SOS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , just been watching diy sos the the outside of the house had cladding which was stripped and was replaced with insulation slabs that looked a bit like polystyrene and then a thin plaster rend to finish .
Can anyone tell me what this procedure is called and whats involved
as i wouldn't mind it on my house , cheers mark

Sponsored Links
Saw the same prog, they called it ECO RENDER, and reckoned it would save £200 a year.

if you have ever watched,holmes on homes this is not a new idea.think they have been doing it for quite a few years in canada.

still waiting to see when the spray foam insulation will find its way over here :?:

I saw it too.
Glad someone posted on it :D

Always interesting watching the spreads in action on it.
Mind the guy doing the ceilings with a full set of tressles/planks to step over looked like he had his work cut out not to drop thru and break an ankle.
Not seen stilts in action yet on this programme.

The Eco Render looked interesting.
But the initial brickwork on the house looked ok. Quite a shame to cover.

Sponsored Links
Newbee i thought it looked the part , toying with doing mine if the price is right , maybe i will get in touch with diy sos :LOL:

Newbee i thought it looked the part , toying with doing mine if the price is right , maybe i will get in touch with diy sos :LOL:

Don't get me wrong, the final finish looked very good.
Just looked like what was underneath wasn't so bad it needed covering.
Wasn't £1000 mentioned in there somewhere - not sure what area that applied to.

Blimey what more information could i ask for , pollac youve hit all the nails on the head , many thanks mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back