do you know what this plaster is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just been watching diy sos on tv and noticed that the plaster they were using was not the usual multi finish as it was white in colour. does anyone know what they were using.

i have seen them using it before on the ceilings and the walls internally

Sponsored Links
maybe it was lafarge or knauf finishing plaster.

i much prefer british gypsum products myself.

what is the difference between the 2 of them. i mean to work with as i have only used british gypsum

when using knauf finishing plaster the water seemed to separate more freely from the mix than b.g. skim.

in other words if it was on the hawk and you wiggled or vibrated the hawk the water would come to the surface more freely than i would have liked.

they call it liquefaction.

anyway, the upshot of it is, knauf is less buttery and doesn't spread as well as b.g. skim.

.......in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
I saw this as well. Did you notice the sponge floating before the steel? What's that all about???

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:43 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this as well. Did you notice the sponge floating before the steel? What's that all about???

that is what prompted me to ask because if that is the case with the sponge then how easier it is to get a good finish by just sponging it

also i done a google search for knauf and i cannt find any suppiers near thurrock as i would definetly give it a go and try it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back