diy videos - where can I get them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to (attempt) replacing my kitchen worktops. Does anyone know where I can buy a video showing how to do this?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are planning to fit mitred worktops then you can hire the router and /or worktop jig from HSS and it will come with an instructional video but with not having seen it I don't know how good it is .

Try this, and click on "Installing a Post-form Countertop" step by step tutorials,not sure if that what you're looking for.

I thought the link looked promising, but I looked at the "Applying tung oil" clip, er..they have an American approach so the useful bits seem to be missed.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Try this, and click on "Installing a Post-form Countertop" step by step tutorials,not sure if that what you're looking for.

This is the sort of thing I am looking for but unfortunately the vid stops playing on page 5..... :confused:

thanks anyway.

riseandshine said:
This is the sort of thing I am looking for but unfortunately the vid stops playing on page 5..... :confused:
I've got up to page 10 video with no problem,try it again.

I have seen a router for £20 from here and B&Q sites and wonder if it is good enough to do the job? Also do I need a special size bit? also what does the collet do? also I saw a £30 worktop jig at my local builders merchant - what should I look for in a jig?

as you can see I'm doing this as cheaply as possible!

riseandshine said:
as you can see I'm doing this as cheaply as possible!

It is my experience that when using incredibly cheap power tools it is a good idea to avoid using the supplied blades and bits and use some of that saved dosh for a good quality blade/bit. Nothing worse than cutting a worktop and chipping it.

The "collet" is the router equivalent of the chuck on your drill, it does the same job.

I would appreciate someone's consensus on this one, but I think you need to make sure that the plunge depth of the router you choose is at least the thickness of the worksurface you want to cut. Otherwise you will cut halfway through the worksurface and won't be able to cut any deeper.

thanks dave, The video is pretty short but now I think I know my collet from my guide! which is a start. I take on board the info about plunge depth and good quality bits.

if anyones interested the video is quite instructive and for £3 (add another £5 for postage!) not bad value.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back