DIYnot is crashing my browser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a false accusation, but it appears that DIYnot is crashing my browser (Firefox 3.0.1) every time I view a thread with an ad displayed on the right hand side of the screen. This doesn't happen when the ad is a banner across the top.

It means I'm not able to view some threads, and have to spend a lot of time restarting.

Is anyone else having similar trouble, or is it just me?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I see that the top of the advert on the right hand side of the screen, but I'm unable to scroll down the page: it crashes on each occasion.

The version number I'm given on the test page is WIN 9,0,124,0.

Do I need to download a newer version of Flash Player?

I am running Windows XP Home Edition, by the way.

Sponsored Links
The version of flash you have is up to date. Has this only just started to happen? Have you installed anything else recently?

Methinks there is a connection between this problem and others posted like the one below.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=958898#958898

DIYNOT installed a bell, or possibly a whistle, or more likely a flashing advertisement on its website earlier this year and it is causing certain web browsers to crash or 100% CPU usage.
I still can't log on at work and my coffee breaks are just not the same :(

I'm on Firefox 3.0.3, I have no problems either, other that what I can only think is not enough bandwidth to the server being used, as it often takes ages for posts to refresh :mad:

Back