how times have changed

B

breezer

The forum rules used to say

Updated 4 / 3 / 06

1) Please be patient for a reply

(most "regulars" are out at work, they will post a reply when they are able)

If you get no reply its because no one knows the answer

1a) Please do not ask same thing twice (Includes different forums)

Doing so causes confusion, duplicate posts will be locked and or removed, also see 1, If you get no reply it is usually because no one knows the answer to your question, or you posted it in the wrong forum.

2) Post your question in the right place.

You will always get a better reply by posting in the correct forum

5) When posting don't try to use bold, smileys etc in the post title

(This is because they only work for admin)

6) Typing in capitals is considered to be SHOUTING

6a) Please use colours etc sparingly
Using large / coloured / bold / (font) /capitals does not get a quicker reply

7) Signatures / posts must not contain pictures, a url / email, phone number .etc

(This is considered to be advertising)

you can show your email address / website in your profile

8 ) Abuse will not be tolerated.

This also includes links to sites of an abusive / racist nature, any such posts will be removed with no other warning

9) Please don't ask costs / prices. Get several quotes, then you will know for sure

(It also depends on several factors: Your location, access to job, material costs, labour rate etc, any prices mentioned should not be relied upon / maybe old prices, Please get several quotes)

as some one said Quote:
can't see it, can't quote it

12) NO Free advertising

(This site costs money to run which is gained through paid for advertising, you are welcome to pay to advertise)
This also includes charity adverts / sponsors / appeals etc
Any "free advertising" will be removed with no further warning

14) No abuse, swearing etc.

Abuse, swearing etc will not be tolerated, remember anyone / any age can read this site

15) This is a (privately owned, U.K. based) forum

By posting on this site you have been deemed to have read and understood and agree to abide by the forum rules

20 ) Do not hi-jack posts

(Hi jacking, is adding your question to a post you did not start, it causes confusion)

21 No big smilies please

22 No "Time wasting" posts

Posts, which are of no benefit to anyone, will be removed with no further warning, this includes appeals, questionaires, etc

General information

a) Forum rules are in bold, an explanation is underneath.

b) Any forum problems should be sent to [email protected]

c) Mods may lock posts while editing (So please wait 20 minutes to see if it gets unlocked)

d) There is no Private Message facility on this forum

e) Attempts to "by pass" the swear filter / auto censor will be removed.

f) How to post a picture and other information can be found in forum information

g) Made a mistake? want to add / change your post? use the button

h) This is a family site*, any "adult content / pictures" will be removed with no further notice.

*any one any age can view these forums

But now they say

Welcome to DIYNOT Forums

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules and enjoy the site!.

1) This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect!

1a) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed!

2) Posts should be topic relevant and threads that become abusive will be closed!

3) NO Free advertising!

Any adverts will be removed. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to advertise.

4) Posts or Signatures should not contain any contact details.

4b) Signature rules are HERE

5) Please do not duplicate your posts (includes other forums).

6) Do not hi-jack posts.

Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

7) Please do not type in capitals as it is considered to be SHOUTING!

8 ) Please do not resurrect old threads. Start a new thread if you have a similar query.

9 ) Job Pricing.

Please do not rely on prices given. You should get quotes from Tradespeople that have been recommended to you.

10) Please post your query in the correct forum.

11) Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts.

Help us keep the forum tidy!.

General information

A) Any suggestions or Queries should be sent to [email protected].

B) Please alert the Moderators to any "Spam posts" or "inappropriate content" .

C) How to post a picture and other forum information can be found HERE .

D) If you wish to edit your post use the button.

E) This site has an ignore facility which enables you to "ignore" posts from certain people of your choice.

FINALLY ............

A THANK YOU is always appreciated by our members if you have been given good advice.

But should they not say

post what the **** you like as there may be "more" moderators but they are never around when posts are in the wrong forums, and ignore them anyway, and if you want to make duplictae posts go ahead, and if you want to resurect an old thread go ahead and do that too since the mods wont move / split it and admin are too busy to reply and if you are lucky to get a reply, just fob you off anyway

Sponsored Links
Nice post brezzer

Mod how come I can see the F word has the filter failed??

any one wondering about ignoring forum rules look at this post its in electrics outside the uk, but where is the flag? a uk flag, has it been moved? no

there are loads like it, wrong forum or hijacked, so who gives a **** about the forum rules? no one does

here is another example, just posted whle ADMIN were on line

I want to refurbish my whole house (2 beds + lounge, new kitchen, new bathroom) which is Located in Uxbridge, Middlesex. If anyone interested in this job please e-mail me at . Thank you in advance. Regards.

Thanks for your feedback breezer.
With the sheer number of posts that are being made on a daily basis it is very hard to catch every single issue. Any forum alerts are dealt with as a priority.

Regarding your specific points. Posts in the wrong forums will be moved when spotted. Duplicate posts will be removed when spotted. There is nothing wrong resurrecting old posts when appropriate. I haven't received any email from you that I haven't replied to.

The reason the word f**k appeared in breezer's post is because he circumvented the 'naughty word censor'. Naughty. :evil:

The email address you mentioned was actually removed before you even highlighted it and within 20 mins of it being posted on the site?!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your feedback breezer.
With the sheer number of posts that are being made on a daily basis it is very hard to catch every single issue. Any forum alerts are dealt with as a priority.

Fraid that is not true, if it were how come i spotted them? (its not rocket science)

Regarding your specific points. Posts in the wrong forums will be moved when spotted. Duplicate posts will be removed when spotted. There is nothing wrong resurrecting old posts when appropriate.
so to ask a question of the op in a post that is 3 years old, is ok is it?, even when the op made only one post, thereby you know they will never reply, or to make triplicate posts, thats ok too is it?
I haven't received any email from you that I haven't replied to.

You have, just that you havent seen it. You could have always emailed me.

The reason the word f**k appeared in breezer's post is because he circumvented the 'naughty word censor'. Naughty. :evil:

they are never spotted because they don't look (sorry mods nothing personal) I dont like to put in swear words, but i did to prove a point, the point being no one noticed the swear word.

I will say one nice thing, i did send an alert for one of my posts to be "altered", it was done within 5 mins. I must have been lucky that day.

I suggest that to save annoying some people on this forum, instead of deleteing a post, it is locked with a note saying why it was locked, then deleted when some one remembers a few weeks later.

seems alert mods alerts only get acted on if there is a swear word

this post was made while admin were on, but admin didnt notice it, a mod did, BUT the post did have the email address in it, a mod just moved it, never left a note to say its against the forum rules to use your email address in a post, so what use is that to the OP, they still do not know you cant put your email address in a post.

look at this post hi jacked after 3 years, and has advertising, i wonder how long that will stay there for

so to ask a question of the op in a post that is 3 years old, is ok is it?
We've been over this so many times - the answer is yes.
You have, just that you havent seen it. You could have always emailed me.
Not true I'm afraid, I do not have any emails from you that I haven't replied to.
they are never spotted because they don't look (sorry mods nothing personal) I dont like to put in swear words, but i did to prove a point, the point being no one noticed the swear word.

I will say one nice thing, i did send an alert for one of my posts to be "altered", it was done within 5 mins. I must have been lucky that day.

I suggest that to save annoying some people on this forum, instead of deleteing a post, it is locked with a note saying why it was locked, then deleted when some one remembers a few weeks later.

seems alert mods alerts only get acted on if there is a swear word
Being on the other end of the 'Alert Moderator' alerts perhaps I'm in a more informed position to say that they do get actioned - usually very quickly, they are listed as open until action is taken (if appropriate), so I'm afraid you're wrong on that point.

see, what did i say, admin just fob you off.

Q)what is the point in replying to / hi jacking an old post where the OP only ever made 1 post? (with the intention of getting a reply from the OP)

A) none what so ever

but did admin ever email me , no

but back to the point.

here is what diynot looked like 5 years ago

View media item 893

I'm glad it's changed. Must have been mighty confusing with just one forum for all aspects of DIY.

moderator 7 said:
Breezer please note rule 10.

Moved to correct forum.

why?

no one seems to care much, you moved the post AFTER admin chose to reply, so that indicates admin dont care either which is what i have said all along

moderator 7 said:
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:58

diynot said:
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 09:59

funny you should say that................................

please visit my new site at **********************

Moderator not, no advertising. :LOL:

But seriously, I have looked into starting a forum, its easy to do, but needs a lot of looking after, which is why admin have mods to do it, but the trouble is once you have made rules you have to stick to them, which this site doesnt, and rules seem to be open to interpritation, which they shouldnt be.

if any one does want to start their own forum, good luck software is from here

At the end of the day, the site owner runs it as he sees fit.... he who pays the piper etc.......

What is your signature BTW?

Sponsored Links
Back