Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the DIYnot Forums!

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules and enjoy the site!

1) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome. This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

3) NO Free advertising. Any adverts will be removed. Please contact admin if you wish to advertise.

4) Posts or signatures should not contain any contact details. Signature rules are here.

5) Please do not duplicate your posts. This includes other forums.

6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

7) Please do not type in capitals as it is considered to be SHOUTING!

8.) Please post your query in the correct forum.

9) Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts. Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts unless absolutely necessary.

10) Posts covering DIY gas work are not allowed. You can read more here.

11) Posting personal details/photos of other members is forbidden. People are entitled to their privacy. Whether the information is already public domain or not, do not post it on DIYnot. We consider it a breach of a member's privacy and will have no option but to suspend the poster's account. This includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone, email, photos, employment details, Streetview etc.

Help us keep the forum tidy!
=============================================

Nope - can't see anything there about topics which Moderator 8 finds boring not being allowed.

Sponsored Links
FWIW, I think moderator8 is a paragon of patience to let you get away with much of what you post, b-a-s. If it had been down to me then I'd have been handing out 30 day bans like sweeties :mrgreen:

Your posts on the latest "power to a shed" thread have been excellent, measured, clearly explained and helpful, in my opinion - if you could just apply the same consistent approach each time you posted then you'd get a lot more respect.

Moderator8 isn't the enemy (nor am I) - some self-reflection wouldn't go amiss, sometimes...

With respect,
Scott

Your posts on the latest "power to a shed" thread have been excellent, measured, clearly explained and helpful, in my opinion - if you could just apply the same consistent approach each time you posted then you'd get a lot more respect.
I couldn't agree more. Like you, I was actually moved to 'thank' BAS for his initial response in that thread (which, as you said, was 'measured, clearly explained and helpful') - which certainly is not an everyday happening for me!

BAS's knowledge, wisdom and good intentions have never been in doubt, but he has now also demonstrated that, when he wants to, he can also make his points in a pleasant and helpful (and not counter-productive) fashion. This presumably implies that when he responds in other fashions, it must be a matter of choice, rather than 'inability' to do otherwise.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Rules 1 and 2 are likely.

The thread had degenerated into an argument over the placement and quantity of commas in a section of text, and the definition of 'tool'.
Excessive quoting was present, including sections of text posted several years ago.

None of which is relevant to electrical work or helpful to anyone.

Rules 1 and 2 are likely. ... The thread had degenerated into an argument over the placement and quantity of commas in a section of text, and the definition of 'tool'. Excessive quoting was present, including sections of text posted several years ago. None of which is relevant to electrical work or helpful to anyone.
Indeed. Even though I (unwittingly and unintentionally) was responsible for stimulating the argument about the definition of a 'tool', I do not disagree with any of that.

Kind Regards, John

I actually struggle to believe the thread was locked with the comment "bored.com".

That is actually outrageous!

No reason given IMO.

FWIW, I think moderator8 is a paragon of patience to let you get away with much of what you post, b-a-s. If it had been down to me then I'd have been handing out 30 day bans like sweeties :mrgreen:
I'm sure you would.

But then you are hard of thinking.

I would ask you for a rational, logical explanation of how my posts in the topic about the tool list were so materially different as to justify, under the rules, the topic being locked.

But you don't do rational and logical.

To be fair, I suspect that the (DIYnot) rule you quote is intended to apply to other DIYnot forums/fora, not elsewhere on the internet.
It is.

And I've always believed that Rule 9 means don't keep quoting previous quoted text, i.e. don't end up with a big wodge of text which contains this sort of structure:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Surely it would not be a good idea to say that if someone makes a number of points to which you want to reply you must not quote them in order to make your response easy to follow?

Being rude and abusive and banging on and on until no one can be bothered arguing to prove in your own mind you can never be wrong.

Don't bother multi quoting me and asking for justification. I'm not playing you're silly oneupmanship games.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back