DIYnot rules

I

imamartian

What's happend to respect for the rules? The Mods tend to jump in occasionally, but they don't police this site properly (IMO)

1) This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect!
Laughable... people aren't ever pulled up for this !

Abusive posts are not welcome on this site and are always deleted!
(admittedly this is respected)

2) Posts should be topic relevant and threads that become abusive will be locked!
Topic relevant? you're having a laugh..... look at the topic entitled 'Training' started off about plastering, so far is about american gun crime stats

6) Do not hi-jack posts.
Hmmm - as above.... and most of the threads in 'General Discussion'

Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.
Happens very often

7) Please do not type in capitals as it is considered to be SHOUTING!
I DONT !

8 ) Please do not resurrect old threads. Start a new thread if you have a similar query.
This happens very often, and why not?

9 ) Job Estimates.
Yeah warned, but they get away with it !

10) Please post your query in the correct forum.
Lots dont ! should this be a rule?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
1) This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect!
Laughable... people aren't ever pulled up for this !

Dont talk tripe you ******** idiot

2) Posts should be topic relevant and threads that become abusive will be locked!
Topic relevant? you're having a laugh..... look at the topic entitled 'Training' started off about plastering, so far is about american gun crime stats

Does anyone remember George and Mildred?

6) Do not hi-jack posts.
Hmmm - as above.... and most of the threads in 'General Discussion'

Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.
Happens very often

I used to play football with Brian Murpheys son....then the council built a block of flats where the pitch used to be..have the councils lost the plot?...discuss..

7) Please do not type in capitals as it is considered to be SHOUTING!
I DONT !

EH?

8 ) Please do not resurrect old threads. Start a new thread if you have a similar query.
This happens very often, and why not?

So...going back to that Jubo jet on a conveyor belt...I cant see how it will take off unless the plane doubles the speed of its wheels and not the power of the engine..discuss?

9 ) Job Estimates.
Yeah warned, but they get away with it !

Message to dockerdan34...id go in at about £550

10) Please post your query in the correct forum.
Lots dont ! should this be a rule?

A bloke down the pub said I should always PVA bare plaster walls before I mist coat them, but my neighbours freinds brother in laws dad used to know a painter who reckoned you should sprinkle a tea spoonful of ground white pepper into it to help it stick..im confused..thanks in advance.

Really?

Why dont you get yourself down to the chemist and see if they have any sense of humour pills..

It was meant as a bit of fun...

fun /fʌn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, funned, fun·ning, adjective
–noun 1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
2. enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.
–verb (used without object), verb (used with object) 3. Informal. joke; kid.
–adjective 4. Informal. of or pertaining to fun, esp. to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
5. Informal. whimsical: flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.
—Idioms6. for or in fun, as a joke; not seriously; playfully: His insults were only in fun.
7. like fun, Informal. certainly not; of doubtful truth: He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
8. make fun of, to make the object of ridicule; deride: The youngsters made fun of their teacher.

[Origin: 1675–85; dial. var. of obs. fon to befool. See fond1]

Your obviously new to the job..but can you check the rules and see if there is anything that says tongue in cheek humour is out???

And then perhaps you would like to explain and justify your 'thin ice' comment??

Viewers...watch this thread get locked or deleted...the usual mod stance. :rolleyes:

Be aware that these "Mods" are unpaid volunteers who do it only because they are wonderful people who should inherit the earth..

They love to wield their power deleting posts and locking threads without giving any explanation.

They clearly cannot justify their actions as they never identify themselves.
That's Admin's decision. Not yours.

At least our politicians are identified even if their actions are questionable!
This isn't a democracy. Resistance is Useless!
Tony
We don't even have to leave a trace. Mod #?

Be aware that these "Mods" are unpaid volunteers who do it only because they are wonderful people who should inherit the earth..

They love to wield their power deleting posts and locking threads without giving any explanation.

They clearly cannot justify their actions as they never identify themselves.
That's Admin's decision. Not yours.

At least our politicians are identified even if their actions are questionable!
This isn't a democracy. Resistance is Useless!
Tony
We don't even have to leave a trace. Mod #?

Danger..thin ice alert...

That just sums up the kind of people with power complexes who want to be mods !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back