wiring a 2 way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help me as im trying to put a two way switch system on a one way system what do i need to do

Welcome to the forums, please see forum rule 20, the post you hi-jacked was 2 years old, your post has been split

Sponsored Links
run a three core and earth cable between your existing switch and your new switch position then you will need two two way switches

where do the wires go in the two way switches ie the three core wire colour wise and all so in the sealing rose

can you give me the wiring diagram for the two way lighting system like where the colours go in the switch and in the celing rose so i can under stand it easly

tg, well you could look in the reference section all is explained it colour pics but basically, at your original switch your two existing cores go into L1 & L2 and your new three core cable ( all cores should have some red tape on to identify they are switched lives) brown to C black and grey to L1 & L2 with two existing cores. job done. so one cable in C two cables in L1 and two cables in L2

Sponsored Links
sorry then at new switch position brown to C and black, grey to L1 & L2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back