Do all victorian properties need lime render?

Provided that the render is not blown, a decent decorator should be able to deal with the cracks. I would angle grind the cracks and then fill them with Toupret Fibacryl followed by a top up with Toupret Touprelith F.
I've basically done the same to mine, adding some texture to the filler before it set - otherwise the fill could visually stand out against the roughcast :)

Sponsored Links
I've basically done the same to mine, adding some texture to the filler before it set - otherwise the fill could visually stand out against the roughcast :)

Sometimes I just throw sand at the wet paint over the filler to replicate the existing texture.

Thanks finally got my first guy to look at it from an actual recommendation which I hear is best! from a neighbour. He said also that its mostly in good nick. I have penetrating damp through most of those cracks in the front and the plasterer thinks there is a good chance that there is rottn timber where they rushed a build by adding a layer of wood so they didnt have to take a break on building? No idea, any idea what that's called if a thing? Im just suspicious hes making stuff up for a higher quote, there is however a strip of damp horizontally accross a whole section. At the back the penetration is so bad the internal wall is buckling, but thats not just due to the crack, damaged hip tile and pavement too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back