Do circulating pumps make a noise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Before I start, should say just left message with the folks who installed my system, everything replaced, 17 months ago, as have two 1 year olds, so getting very cold here....

Worcester 40cdi boiler, CP63 circulating pump, house split into two zones and HW.

Everything appears to be on, thermostats show receiving message for heat; and are open (also put to manual as well to test); i have everything switched on/ so in theory all should be working.

The boilder looks fine (no green light if it matters), had temp c90 on it, and the circulating pump and pipe to it all hot.

Should I hear a noise from that pump?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Sponsored Links
yes they do make a noise, a hum normally.

how loud depends on what speed its set at and how the pipe work is run/secured.

thanks.

bloody typical its started working there, after 4 hours.

i havenot had this serviced, would that matter as its only 17 months since bought?

thanks.

bloody typical its started working there, after 4 hours.

i havenot had this serviced, would that matter as its only 17 months since bought?

Ideally your boiler would be serviced yearly, and I'm 99% sure it's a requirement of Worcester Bosch if you want them to honour the guarantee on the boiler. Of course, not having it serviced for 17 months doesn't mean it should break down.

Sponsored Links
so after five hours, we get all working.... A noise from the circulating pump, and off we go, green light on the boiler, temp back to a more normal 68...

You think the circulating pump is just confused.. Crap? Or more likely the boiler at fault?

I am no expert on worcesters but a condensing boiler shouldent be showing 90c on the temp display, your boiler is overheating , get the installers back asap.

I am no expert on worcesters but a condensing boiler shouldent be showing 90c on the temp display, your boiler is overheating , get the installers back asap.

Why is that surprising if the circulating pump was not running? The OPs latest post, where the pump is apparently working again, shows a temperature of 68 degrees - much more sensible.

Why is that surprising if the circulating pump was not running? The OPs latest post, where the pump is apparently working again, shows a temperature of 68 degrees - much more sensible.

ah well every thing must be ok then if the pump is now running and the temp reads 68c, just ignore the fact the boiler overheated.

ah well every thing must be ok then if the pump is now running and the temp reads 68c, just ignore the fact the boiler overheated.

Yup. No doubt if it has been left on for any lengthy period of time, the boiler's built-in overheat protection would have kicked in. Assuming the pump keeps working, there doesn't seem to be any point calling the installer back.

Yup. No doubt if it has been left on for any lengthy period of time, the boiler's built-in overheat protection would have kicked in. Assuming the pump keeps working, there doesn't seem to be any point calling the installer back.

if it was my heating system I would want to know why I had no heating when the thing is only 17 months old.

good news! cp63 circulting pump stopped again, and by chance as the folks that installed it were on site... replaced, all working no cost !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back