Do diff kitchen carcasses fit any kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Does anyone know if say I brought a standard sized kitchen unit from one shop, can I buy doors for that sized unit from a different shop. i.e do they all use the same mechanism for fixing, or do shops have diifferent mechanisms to fix the door to the carcass so that you couldn't then get doors from one shop and carcasses from somewhere else.

I'm talking standard flatpacks that you can take away, say from B & Q, Wickes, Ikea etc. Do carcasses and doors from them fit each other (if for the same sized unit)?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Usually standard hinges BUT the fixing centres can vary, you would be well advised to take a tape rule with you and check.

Thanks very much Wingcoax. Yes, I think I will have to do that.

In case anyone was wandering why I asked, the reason is that I have a small galley kitchen, and if I put standard sized base units on the floor, I'll have no room to walk. So the kitchen has to be composed entirely of wall units, with the ones with the least depth on the walls, and the one with the most depth on the floor. Since each shop has it's own predetermined wall unit depth, they will therefore have to come from at least two different shops, one for the wall and one for the floor. The problem then would be getting the same doors to fit both, as each shop has different styles of doors, and I don't want the kitchen to look "odd".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back