Do I grout the corners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok a bit of a rhetorical question, i’ve already grouted the internal corners of the whole bathroom, including shower.

Should i cut the grout out or silicone over the top?

Sponsored Links
Take the grout out and silicone. Always silicone.

There must always be a minimum 3mm gap around perimeters to allow for expansion movement in the tiles. Without it there is a chance of tiles crazing, cracking or tenting.

Take the grout out and silicone. Always silicone.

There must always be a minimum 3mm gap around perimeters to allow for expansion movement in the tiles. Without it there is a chance of tiles crazing, cracking or tenting.

Cheers Paul! I did think that after i put everything together, woops!

Is there a specific width of sillicone that should be on the tiles or is it just as long as the gap is filled?

Next question, how do i remove grout

Sponsored Links
Can I butt in please?

I was told by the man in the tile shop that I could grout the corner over the bath/shower position as I was going to be using a flexible grout. If I felt I needed to I could run a bead of clear grout over the top when grout had set

Now I’m confused.

Please advise
Thanks

Can I butt in please?

I was told by the man in the tile shop that I could grout the corner over the bath/shower position as I was going to be using a flexible grout. If I felt I needed to I could run a bead of clear grout over the top when grout had set

Now I’m confused.

Please advise
Thanks

He's thinking a bead of clear silicone to seal the corners but personally I'd do one or the other.

My preference would be to use a colour matched silicone in the corners.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back