Do I have cavity??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Hope this is the right forum. I don't have a clue if I have a cavity and would like to know. If I have one I'm going to get cavity wall insulation done as I find our house it quite cold saying I recently put about 5 tonnes of insulation in the loft and my lungs.

I've been told different things by different people. My dad says I have a cavity because I have air bricks in my house but the father in law says I don't. Our house is a 1920's semi that's been rendered. i've attached some photos in the hope that someone can help me.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Measure the thickness of your walls at the door or window. If it's only about 10 inches then no.

It's only 11 inches so I guess not. Gutted as I fancied having it done. I can't be bothered insulating the internal walls as we've not long papered the whole house.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Do not block sub floor ventilation grills.

I wasn't planning on blocking the vent. The skirtings don't sit flush on the wood floor in some places on the outside walls. As such there is a draft coming in. I thought this meant that I must have a cavity and that's where the draft was coming from.

Cheers

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back