Do i have the correct rated pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a shower cabinet from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=250201487371&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

I had it fitted by a friend of my daughter he is a corgi plumber & he seems to have done a good job, The only problem i have is with the pump, He had a spare pump which he sold me cheap its 1.5 bar but it does not seem to work properly, The shower cabinet has a multi connection at the back of the center pillar just below the control panel in the picture & the water goes to all the parts of the shower from here, When i try & use the overhead shower,handshower or body jets nothing happens the only time the pump will kick in is if i use the tap in the bath then turn the controls to the overhead shower or body jets, the hand shower will work if i turn the shower on then lower the hand shower to near the ground it will then kick in, am i correct in thinking that its gravity that is the problem & not the pump as i was thinking of buying a 2.5 bar pump but if its going to do the same there does not seem to be any point.

Thanks for any advice in advance.......... :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the problem is with the available head from your cold water cistern.

Its possible that the flow switch can be adjusted but it might mean raising the cold water cistern.

Why not just accept that you have to hold the shower down to get the pump to start?

Or do what all customers do with their plumbers " call him back" !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back