Do I have to fit a booster pump in the airing cupboard?

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a twin impeller shower pumps, marked, "SF Turbo 2 565-1009-00SF". On the box there are instructions that state, "Twin Booster pumps are usually installed in the airing cupboard with separated gravity fed hot and cold water supplies running to the mixed valve position.
If I have to do this I will have to strip back a bedroom floor at considerable inconvenience. Is this absolutely necessary as my plumber said that he normally fits them pumps under the bath?

Sponsored Links
Unless it's miles from the HW cylinder, under the bath should be fine.
What's the layout?

The bath room is next to the room where the cylinder is which is a pipe run of about ten feet.

The main thing is is to make sure it is below or on the same level as the hw cylinder.

Have you got the dedicated hot and cold gravity supplies under the bath, I don't mean th hot and cold to the bath.

If you come off the hot to the bath you could suck air in all the time.

Sponsored Links
I have managed to speak to the manufacturer who said that if the pump is placed away from the cylinder it could affect the seals so I have decided that it should be placed on the same level as the cylinder next to it. I don't want to take up the floor of the bedroom that the airing cupboard is in so I wonder if it would be alright to run the pipe work up to the loft and along the roof and then down to the shower unit.

I'm not sure what you mean by a dedicated hot and cold gravity supplies under the bath so I will have to ask the plumber if he turns up tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back