Do i need a frame for a wall hung wc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can somebody please clarify (what is probably a stupid question), for a concealed WC do i always need to buy a frame for the cistern or can they just be bolted to the wall...

I have been looking at the bathstore range of MyRoom products and looking at the "MyRoom 600 WC unit " i am unsure as to whether i would need to buy a frame for the cistern.

http://www.bathstore.com/_applicati...niture/-myroom-600-wc-unit-oak-1813.html?pg=0

Sorry if this seems stupid.

Sponsored Links
No you won't. The pan sits on the floor, and is screwed to it. The cistern is mounted inside the cabinet. Yours isn't a wall hung, it's a back to the wall pan. You only need a frame when it's a wall hung toilet like this one.

View media item 31693

Whitespirit66 - Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

No you won't. The pan sits on the floor. You only need a pan when it's a wall hung toilet like this one

Just so i am absolutely 100% certain should this have read "You only need a [pan] frame when it's a wall hung toilet like this one.

Also - When i look at your message in preview mode i can see an image of a wall mounted toilet but looking at the message in non preview mode. All i see is a "smiley" face.

Can everyone else see your image in the post?

Whitespirit66

Has your post changed ? I can now see the image and the wording of the reply is totally different. I am now quoting you incorrectly.

Either way thanks for the reply - it all makes total sense now. Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Yes, sorry. Spotted my error and edited.

You don't need a frame for back to the wall pans. Only wall hung ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back