Do i need a larger boiler?

P

peter1450

Morning
Running 12 radiators off a Vailant 835/2E, think its rated at 27KW?
Have added new rads as and when we have decorated the house, so possibly some have been larger than the old ones .

The house is totally piped in 15mm flow and return,and the rad that wasn't warming whatsoever was piggy backed through the wall from the hallway radiator.

Put new feed form the flow and return slightly further up the system gets slightly warmer but not hot.

The radiator in the lounge which appears to be used as the "loop" for the flow and return pipes downstairs has been removed and flushed through as was the downstairs pipework, the radiators are warmer but stilll not hot.

Is it "normal" practise to use a radiator to form part of the flow and return circuit?

If i needed a larger boiler as suggested , wouldn't all the radiators be affected, ( the other 9 are lovely and warm), or is it that these three are last on the circuit?

Any advice apprecciated .........................

Sponsored Links
You seem to have ignored all the normal aspects of considering your heating.

Its wrong for the system to be piped in only 15mm.

Have you heard of balancing? See FAQ.

You seem to have done a lot of work without taking professional advice on how to correct its defects.

Not surprisingly you still have those defects!

Tony

I'm afraid the full 27kW is unlikely to be distributed around the house with only 15mm pipe, so a larger boiler is probably not the answer.

If you supply a rough diagram of the present layout I'm sure you'll get some pretty good advice here.

The answer will almost certainly include a 22mm run from the boiler to a more central part of the house, plus a number of 15mm runs from that point.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have ignored all the normal aspects of considering your heating.
Surely the "plumber/engineer who installed the system ignored that.

Its wrong for the system to be piped in only 15mm.

So why was it piped that way and why do some " Heating engineers say it makes no difference?

Have you heard of balancing? See FAQ.

Yes i have

You seem to have done a lot of work without taking professional advice on how to correct its defects.

Taken lots of "professional" advice which all seems to be conflicting, to put it bluntly i'm skint and frankly cannot afford the services of a "professional", just after some unbiased advice without being patronised if thats possible in this forum!

Not surprisingly you still have those defects!

I have these defects as they were inherited with the house!! Just trying to make them better, if all the professionals did a proper installation to begin with surely it would be ok , just seems many want to take short cuts?

Tony

Just a rant but I sympathise with the OP.

Lots of great advice on this forum and some of it legitimately is around "get a pro in" but actually, having also seen the work a lot of "professionals" deliver some of us are then forced to try and rectify the situation, without resorting to a lot of sucking of air through teeth and dollar signs appearing in the eyes of the so called Pro.

I've just had some vinyl flooring installed - curled up at the edges. I called the pro as I wasnt around when he did the work, and he said I didn't pay for glue so what did I expect. W.T.F. Called the shop where we bought it from, said to take it up with the fitter. We'd paid for the flooring to be fitted - if we'd been told we needed to pay for glue we would have paid for it.

How anyone can do work like that and just walk away is beyond me. Should be working in the bloody public sector and pushing paper around "computer says no".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back