Newly Added Radiator won't get hot

Sponsored Links
Drain the system down and fit a drain off of to one of the pipes
Refill the system and bleed all rads and start theheating
Now put a hose pipe onto the drain off and.open it slightly also open the filling. Loop and get a happy medium where u are draining the water as.well as filling the system so it.stays above 1 bar and.wait till the pipes get hot .if there are any blockages or air locks you will know

Disconnect newly installed rad.. Power up heating system, open each new valve in turn, do you get water flow from both ends? (y)

Sponsored Links
Not if your wearing these.......

52860f495cf96.jpg

Cleaning_gloves-293.jpg

tried fitting a one way flow valve in the new rad pipes in both directions
Tony
What do you "mean in both directions"?. Whatever the snswer, take them off again - they are more likely to get blocked in time than help the situation.
As I read the OP, my immediate thought was teeing off the same pipe. Are you SURE you gave a flow and a return?
Other 2 options are a physcial blockage or air - could be a lump of wire wool or even sabotage at the merchants. If you pushed pipe along under the boards you can pick up garbage. Does the pipework have a high point?
I have taken out the one way flow valve as I didn't like having it in for nothing or making situation worse. Haven't come across wire wool, unlikely as we cut up all the pipes manually at home from 3m lengths.

What do you think of going straight from 22mm pipes to new rad ?
Should not be neccessary

Water seems to flow in new 15mm pipes so must be getting through.

Filling a circuit is not the same as circulating. You can fill through a partial blockage, but the resitance will be too great to circulate. Hence Dan's obseration and my suggestions.
I thought wouldn't make a difference but tried so many other options.

Ok, stupid question time but here goes. Is the bleed valve blocked or faulty? Have you tried removing it? (I'm not sure from your original post whether you managed to actually fill the rad).
new Rad bleeds no problem.

Is the water pressure high enough? is it a brand new or second hand Rad (does it need a power flush)
Water pressure seems pretty good as gets to bathroom towel rad, which is highest point of system. The rad is newly new but have flushed it out with hose, no rust or dirt in it.

Can you turn pump speed up to III and close all other rads? Do your new pipes go up before they go down?
Not tried the speed pump, this is in the boiler which is new from last October; the new pipes go horizontal across from existing bathroom rad 15mm flow and return pipes then go straight down to new rad on kitchen corner below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back