Do I need a new expansion vessel?

if the vessel is still off the boiler you would be better pumping it up to 1bar before refitting, it dosnt need to fitted to the boiler first,

Sponsored Links
In the meantime then until I get a new ev - to keep on top of the dropping pressure, do I just keep pumping the ev up to pressure or fill with water?

empty a rad and dont bleed. and use that as a temporary expansion point.

Sponsored Links
Will the ch and hw still work? Wouldn't that drop the pressure even more though?

pump vessel with air and refit, refill system with water to 1 bar and see how it goes , check all rad valves in the mornings when rads are cold for leaks

If there is water coming out of the Schroeder valve, then the expansion vessel is £ucked.

probably just needs recharging with a foot pump. and yes water should be coming out of the flexi. also check the aav on the top of the boiler to the front left near the plate heat ex. usually these let by. more so if you retop the boiler, after its drained down.

I said the Schraeder valve, not the flexi. If water comes out of where the air charge goes in, then the diaphragm / bladder has a hole.

When the expansion vessel was installed on your appliance and the system filled with water did water come out of the air filling valve if you pushed it in?

When the expansion vessel was installed on your appliance and the system filled with water did water come out of the air filling valve if you pushed it in?

No it didn't, but it has done in the past. All that happens now when I repressurise the vessel is that you can clearly hear water bubbling and gurgling. It seems that it has held ok until now where it has totally gone.

The pressure managed to hold enough for the heating to come on this morning, but now one radiator doesnt get hot (funnily enough it runs off the same pipes as another radiator which is working). I have bled but water comes out and no air, do I need to switch off all other rads and turn this one up to force any blockages out?

I said the Schraeder valve, not the flexi. If water comes out of where the air charge goes in, then the diaphragm / bladder has a hole.

i know how an ev works. the op asked in one of his post should water be coming out of the flexi. cant belive this is turning into a huge post over somthing simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back