Do i need a window sill?..alternative?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
About to block up the bottom half of a window due to a new garage roof abutting house @ this point.
I will be then putting in a smaller window so that the bottom of the sill will be just above the lead flashing of this roof.
Now if i were somehow able to eliminate the sill i would have an extra ~4 inches of window/light...any options out there??
Basicall id like to be able to flash my roof immediately under the window frame if somehow possible.
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
i guess the slimmest option would be a single tile crease, with say a 40mm overhang, but it will also be the weakest. you could even use a 2" bull nose edging kerb, or a cant brick.

the lead would have to run under these items then the window (made without sill) would then sit on which ever 'nosing' you prefer.

i think that, dressing the lead straight under a window without a sill, may look a little bit odd. maybe?

possibly ;) but it`d need to be taken under and round the sides of the frame to the inside to form a tray that the frame`d sit on ;)

Sponsored Links
cheers lads,
will try source a thin sill if possible.
rgds,
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back