Do I need BFRC Certicicat ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome every One.

Bought our House in 2009. House had PVC windows & old Timber Front & back door. After some many problems over 2 years with windows & door inc. 2 inch water inside glass we decide to change all windows and front door.

All PVC windows + patio door + front door been ordered from Poland where u don't need any BFRC stickers or certificate. All windows been fitted by myself and father. All windows been fitted to brick wall with brackets and expanding foam to fill gaps between frame and wall then white silicone all way round not like previous door with 1inch gap filled with Silicone and could feel wind inside.

First winter with new windows and front door was really warm and must say they are 100% better then Safety Style UK or others also cost me £1500 including front door & delivery to UK.

I just been told by friend that I can only use BFRC certified windows and door and if I don't have this I will not sell the House in further because of this. I asked factory for any certificates and they said that I don't need this because windows past testes ect. Is only England where u need BFRC rating on windows & doors???

Is there any chance to get this BFRC certificate and gate my windows & door rated ????

Thank You for any help.

Sponsored Links
Seriously? You bought windows from Poland and you're asking if they comply with English Regs? :LOL:

If they look OK you should be able to sell your house OK but you'll never get them certified by Building Control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back