Do I need 'boiler plus' controls? Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just wanted to run this past you lot first before I sign up to anything
I am looking to have a new combi boiler fitted shortly. Its basically a like for like installation replacement in the same location. I already have a DT90E thermostat control wired in downstairs.
As part of the quote I see that I 'need' to have a 'Boiler Plus' recognised/ conforming control fitted by the elecrician at around £150 before the installer can sign off the job with the local council?

I know regualtions have changed considerably in the last few years but we are on a very tight budget .Can anyone please confirm if this is truly the case and I cannot use my existing controls?

Sponsored Links
Best way to comply would be to have an Intergas Rapid boiler with a Honeywell T4M controller.

Or even cheaper. Use the existing controller and have a weather sensor put on the wall and it can be tuned to your needs.

Sponsored Links
As it's a Combi you will need to comply, which boiler have you been quoted for?

You do need a conforming control, but as Dan has suggested there are ways of reducing the cost without losing out on quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back