Do I need planning for a lean to on the side of my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I hope there's someone out there that can help me with this . I'm wanting to build a lean to so I can put our washing machine tumble dryer and freezer in. It will have a suspended floor wooden framework and a pitched roof and of course a large window and door to the side of the house . I've looked in planning regs but can't make head or tail of it . The size that in thinking of is 3m along the side of the house and 2m out and I'll still have over a meatier left to the boundary . So I need some help . 😏

Sponsored Links
Also the roof is going to be made of polliycarbonate will that help to make it more of a conservatorie and if I'm right in saying that you don't need planing for that??? I could be wrong.😁

Sponsored Links
No, depending on a number of factors, you might not need building regs approval. However, you will need planning permission if it falls outside of your permitted development limits, whatever it's classified as.

Single storey side extensions are often permitted development, but again, there are a number of factors to consider. Freddy's link should explain it.
From what you've described it's *probably* permitted, but check that your permitted development rights have not been used up or removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back