Do I need special paint for bathroom ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

I have had my bathroom redone and builders have put plasterboard ceiling.

I need to paint it so is there a special bathroom plasterboard paint that I need to use please?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Since a decorator told me, I've used masonry paint and none of the bathroom ceilings have had any problem.

Depends on the size of the room.

Small rooms with a shower and an extractor fan on the other side of the room? I would definitely recommend sealing the new plaster with dilute emulsion first and then applying 2 or 3 coats of waterbased eggshell.

A bathroom large enough to easily fit a king sized bed? Emulsion will probably be OK.

A bathroom with an abnormally high level of condensation? Oil based eggshell over emulsion but my advice would be to improve ventilation

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of the room.

Small rooms with a shower and an extractor fan on the other side of the room? I would definitely recommend sealing the new plaster with dilute emulsion first and then applying 2 or 3 coats of waterbased eggshell.

A bathroom large enough to easily fit a king sized bed? Emulsion will probably be OK.

A bathroom with an abnormally high level of condensation? Oil based eggshell over emulsion but my advice would be to improve ventilation
It has an extractor fan and a window and it is 150cm by 300cm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back