Shower Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this should be in another topic [it seems to cover at least two topic sections!]

I have been reading a lot on here about sealing and painting plasterboard.

Here is the issue;

New plasterboard ceiling - bare plasterboard. joined and taped. The ceiling is to be papered over its whole area. The paper is then to be painted.

Part of the ceiling is above the alcove shower.

(1) What is the best paste to use for the paper on the ceiling and is there any special preparation before affixing paper to bare plasterboard?

(2) What is the best paint to use on the ceiling after it is papered and what, if any, special preparation do I need to do? [e.g. sealant, undercoat etc.]

(3) If the papering of the shower ceiling isn't advisable, what do I need to use to prepare to just paint this part of the plasterboard ceiling? [i.e. the part above the shower alcove]

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forget paper altogether just paint it.

Thanks,

you mean paint the whole ceiling or just paint the shower area??

If so, what prep for bare plasterboard and what type of paint??

I assume you are saying that papering a bathroom ceiling isn't advisable??

Appreciate the reply.

Paint the whole ceiling with a good acrylic. Paper will soon go mouldy. Some people don't like Bathroom paint, but I've never has a problem with it. Water the first coat down 20% ans subsequent coats 5%.

Sponsored Links
er, what about the joints & tape over them joe?

It appears to not having been plastered, does this paint cover gaps too?

I assumed he'd taped them and sanded them smooth.

I have taped and sanded them but I don't like the look of painted ceilings where the tape shows.

Yes I can have it plastered but that is yet more expense.

Looks like paper and paint is not a viable option so back to the drawing board.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back