do i need to drain radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a baxi boiler,on the water feed to the boiler is a pushfit Magnetic Scale Inhibitor,this is leaking on both ends of the pushfit connectors,

the plan is to remove it and add some copperpipe in its place,customer does not want another,im guessing the previous fitters have not pushed the pipe fully home for it to leak after only just over a year,

im i right in saying i dont need to empty the rads before removing the Magnetic Scale Inhibitor.the feed to the boiler is isolated by a stopcock,

Sponsored Links
take it out cos its usless

and fit

loheat%20combimate.gif

You are right. Just turn off stop cock upstream of scale inhibitor, open hot taps to relieve pressure, and disconnect. Obviously a little water will spill out, but nothing much.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys,felt a little silly asking,of course the rad water does not flow back on mains water supply :oops: ,but better safe than sorry,not hard to sak on here,you u 's a drink again :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back