is inhibitor necessary

they are both open vented. My favourite.

As for using up the oxygen... the radiators that fill up with hydrogen... that's when corrosion has stripped the oxygen atoms from the water molecule to help corrode the iron.

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
Fitted my parents heating in back in 1981, fully pumped back boiler with air seperator never had a single bit of inhibitor in it, It`s had one new rad and one pump about ten years ago. Water as clean as day it went in.

There's two bags of soot hanging around waiting for the first gas fitter to service it, pretty yellow flames lapping out towards the controls, and how nice that new wall paper looks covering that uggly old vent in the wall, the gasket in the main heat exchanger is ready to let go any time now, and the sludge in the system is so crusted it doesn't show when you drain down, if you tasted the water it would be like licking a 9v battery.

Sponsored Links
PauL . why is there 2 bags of soot waiting to come out.. Heat exchanger was as clean as a whistle and flame is perfectly blue, . No wall paper covering ugly old vent . How do i know EH I serviced it last month day before they moved out and fitted core vent that day as well. As for sludge now crusted on to side it is no longer in the water. Don`t talk shi#e when you take a pump out can you not see if anything is caked onto it.. Also where would a properly installed system that never had to be bled get fresh oxygenated water to cause sludge EXPLAIN . Baxi 551`s have been out since 1978 and i dont see many gaskets going on them so why would it be on verge of going .EXPLAIN..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back