Do I need to seal polished marble tiles on a bathroom wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some chocolate marble tiles from B&Q for my new bathroom.

The box said to seal them on the surface and edges before installation and again on the surface after grouting.

The tilers who fited them said that you don't need to seal them before fitting them just afterwards, but that it wasn't their job to do that since the tiles would need a week for the adhesive and grout to fully dry before they could be sealed.

The company responsible for the bathroom installation were not aware that the tiles would need to be sealed and 'have not included the cost for that in their price' :confused:

Doing a search for sealing marble tiles on the internet I have found information that says that polished marble does not normally need to be sealed :rolleyes:

Can anyone give me any advice on which way to go here? I just want the job done right and to have it lasting in a good condition. - AND to get my bathroom FINISHED!!! :mad:

:LOL: Rabbits!

Thanks guys...

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm not a pro but I recently did my bathroom floor with polished marble. The tile shop advised sealing them (But maybe they just wanted a sale). I used Fila polished travertine/marble impregnator & sealer (Other brands no doubt available) The tin says to lay them and then seal. It only took about 10 minutes to coat them with a 4" foam roller. You then leave it overnight and rub over with a cloth.

Thanks for the advice guys...

I actually phoned the guy at extensive.co.uk and he recommended that Lithofin product, so I have it on order already.

Awaiting delivery today... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys...

I actually phoned the guy at extensive.co.uk and he recommended that Lithofin product, so I have it on order already.

Awaiting delivery today... :LOL:

glad someone agrees with me then!

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back