do i need underlay for LVT (click system)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new kitchen fitted and also new LVT flooring.

I currently have vinyl (sheet) flooring. That was fiited by a fitter and he screeded the concrete floor but did not do a great job as there are some patches where the vinyl shows 2 cm depressions underneath and on a couple of areas the floor underneath is pushing up the vinyl (almost like a grain of rice ) and you can see the mark through the vinyl.

the new fitter suggests that underlay would be useful as he feels it will make the surface softer etc to walk on

what underlay should i get - for example does LVT need a special underlay or can i get it from screwfix if need be.

Sponsored Links
I think it has that thin stuff. I’ve recently fitted Moduleo LayRed and it comes with its own underlay built in.

It needs a thin, very dense underlay, most laminate/engineered wood underlays will be too soft and spongy and that includes fibreboards being too soft, the flooring manufacturer will have a product it recommends.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back