LVT Click Underlay Suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m laying Click LVT to my kitchen and downstairs hallway - about 15m2 in total. I have an old concrete floor to lay on but where it’s been latexes over the years, there is some slight undulation peaks/troughs. I’m also over laying some old asbestos floor tiles in the hall. Is there a thicker underlay I can use to help even out some of the discrepancies in the floor? I will latex certain points but anything the underlay can do to even out would help.

Any suggestions on a good underlay?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
In my (limited) experience Click LVT fails on anything except a perfectly flat floor. No amount of bodging levels with underlay will prevent it from coming apart at the joints over time if the LVT can flex when walked on. Glue down LVT seems more reliable.

I used Moduleo LayRed click LVT and it came with its own underlay built in. Because my floors weren't the greatest, I covered them with 12mm ply before laying the LVT.

I used Moduleo LayRed click LVT and it came with its own underlay built in. Because my floors weren't the greatest, I covered them with 12mm ply before laying the LVT.
Thanks! Out of interest, was it a solid floor you laid on the ply on? How did you fix it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Out of interest, was it a solid floor you laid on the ply on? How did you fix it?
A bit of both. Suspended floor but solid by the door where I added a1m front extension. Plenty of screws!

IMG_5813.jpeg

IMG_5812.jpeg

Click LVT is a nightmare. The floor needs to be flat, the same prep as a glue down. Increasingly manufacturers are advising aginst installing weight ontop - specifically appliances in Kitchens!

Personally I'd go with a good quality Laminate floor if you want a floating floor on a fiberboard underlay or even better, TimbermateXL (neither are suitable for click LVT), if you want LVT, go with a Glue down system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back