Do these items exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Plastic or other non-conductive screws to fix faceplate onto metal pattress box. I have used some sunken backboxes and blanking faces in my kitchen to provide accessible joins in the cabling and would like to make sure in the event of any wiring coming loose and making the box live, the screws won't become live.

2) Flexible gaskets for between faceplate and wall/backbox. So that if condensation starts running down the kitchen walls, it won't seep behind the electrical faceplates.

3) Wall-mounted pull-cord switch. I have my extractor plugged into a high up wall socket. Currently I am using a remote controlled adapter plug to turn it on and off, but it would be nice to find a pull-cord switch that could be fitted instead of the socket face.

Sponsored Links
As long as the backbox is earthed (which it should be anyway) having the screws exposed is not an issue.

Sponsored Links
FYI, you can get nylon screws, but ^what plugwash said^

nylonscrew.jpg

Oh I haven't seen those before! Do you happen to know what "M" size is appropriate for standard backboxes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back