Do these valves turn off the water to the taps above?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for asking such a basic question, I've tried to use search here and on Google but I don't know what the names of these parts are so I couldn't find anything.

All I'm trying to do is change a tap washer (cold tap in a downstairs toilet room). I need to turn off the water to do so. Does the valve in this picture control the water supply to the tap above, or does it control water supply to the bit that looks like a hose attachment? I'd just turn it and see what happens but it's caked in paint (a gift from the previous owners) and I don't want to spend the time freeing it up if it doesn't do what I need.

img_20200110_153524-jpg.180759

Thanks for reading, and apologies for having to ask such a basic question!

Attachments

• IMG_20200110_153524.jpg
    IMG_20200110_153524.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 350
Sponsored Links
They are drain off valves for emptying the pipe work, they DO NOT turn off water supply to taps.

They are drain off valves for emptying the pipe work, they DO NOT turn off water supply to taps.
Perfect, thanks for your reply. I'll look for shutoff valves up near the cold water tank instead.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back