Do you ask for payment if passing on a job

In the past either it was considered knock for knock and no money changed hands or I would work for other spark and bill him and then he would bill customer.
If he made a mistake on pricing then it was his loss or his gain. And any arguments with customer was up to him.
I have many times explained that if one pays hourly rate than likely cheaper than estimated cost but it's all down to who takes risk.
If he fixes price then he takes risk. If you fixed price then to add finders fee may be OK but not if he fixes price.

Sponsored Links
Adverts really aren't cool, you will end up on the edit table- see site rules :rolleyes:

I wouldn't do the job tell him to whistle, a bottle/a few tinnies and his number/contact details, if you need some form of bale out in the future. Leave your card and let the potential client decide.
Greedy Tw@!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back