DO I need paperwork for this job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a registered electrician http://www.napit.org.uk/ fit a 12volt fan into zone 1 in a bathroom in a flat I rent out. (I paid for an electrician rather than do the job myself as I rent the flat out ;) ) It comes on with the light and stays on for approx 5 mins. The transformer is away from the bath area inside a box that requires screwdriver to get into. Any wire runs were run inside conduit tubing. I'm happy with the work.

Anyway, he didn't give me any paperwork. Does this matter? (I got a basic receipt for work carried out), but I'm thinking more about proof for if and when I sell the flat that I didn't do the work myself.

Do I need some kind of paperwork or do I just point the council to the electrician if they ask?

Sponsored Links
If it was an addition to an existing circuit (normally the lighting circuit) then you should have received a minor works certificate from the Electrician and a certificate of compliance from Building Control due to the works being notifiable. (The Electrician should have notified BC)

When was the work carried out? Your LA will issue with a building regs cert, it can take up to 6 weeks I believe.

about 5 months ago?

I never got any paperwork from BC (the flat is in Brent, London)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back