do you have the rd treloar book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on pages 399 to 408 of the RD treloar book there are questions relating to the diagrams on the page i was just wondering if any body has the book what are the answers to problem 1 to 10.

Sponsored Links
[The answers can be found within the book]

Or in the words of Mr Treloar himself..... "The answers to these questions may need some thought and transference of knowledge, or indeed consultation with others, such as your college tutor"

I guess the original question was indeed consulting others and the above answer is the one you would expect from your college tutor!!! Any experts out there want to share their knowledge with the rest of us who lack the ability to think or transfer our knowledge. Or time and patience to wade through ever last word and diagram of RD [/quote]

Birmingham-Spanner wrote:

Or time and patience

Thats the method i usually adopt.

Joking aside. If someone was to ask for example, i'm a bit stuck on question 6 could someone please point me in the right direction.
Then fair enough.

But to ask for all the answers from 1-10 just looks like they can't be arsed to even give it a go.

So if they can't be arsed then why should anyone on here be expected to dig out their book and spend time posting the answers.

lack the ability to think or transfer our knowledge

If you can't think for yourself or transfer your knowledge, then maybe plumbing/heating is not for you

Sponsored Links
I was asking because I wanted to check that I have the right answers and if not know were I am going wrong.

The ones that Iam not shure about are problem 6/8/10

I dont expect one person to answer all the problems but if any one can help on these please let me know thank you.

I think these are the answers to the questions

problem1:- clue p120 split in heat exchanger/ over flow is the same size as feed/ ball valve set to high in tank so water over flows.

problem2:- Clue p86 the hydrolic granient is wrong the tap needs connecting lower down to work.

problem3:- clue p125 the motorised valve is stuck in the on position and radiators a and b are on

proble4:-clue p124the pump speed may be set to high and feed and expansion pipes may be to far apart. Also feed and expansion tank may be to small

proble5:- CH has become denutralised due to recent work wich has corroded the heat excnanger in the cistern so the CH water and DHW has mixed. the Cistern will need replaceing and inhibitor added to the system or an air seperator may work.

proble5:- revised could it be a loss or air gap in the primatic cistern as on on page 82 if this is the right answer how would it be fixed.

proble6:- not shure may have something to do with the storage vessel thermostat

proble8:- the drainage can be achived using syphonage.

temprature cutout and thermostat not working proberly

proble10:- there is an air lock in the tube to the sink and wc.

Green = yes, more or less
Red = No, may be true but not the answer required
Try again = missed it completely!

problem1:- clue p120 split in heat exchanger[/color]/ over flow is the same size as feed/ ball valve set to high in tank so water over flows.

problem2:- Clue p86 the hydrolic granient is wrong the tap needs connecting lower down to work.

problem3:- clue p125 the motorised valve is stuck in the on position and radiators a and b are on TRY AGAIN!!

proble4:-clue p124the pump speed may be set to high and feed and expansion pipes may be to far apart. Also feed and expansion tank may be to small You missed the point.

proble5:- CH has become denutralised due to recent work wich has corroded the heat excnanger in the cistern so the CH water and DHW has mixed. the Cistern will need replaceing and inhibitor added to the system or an air seperator may work. Completely wrong

proble5:- revised could it be a loss or air gap in the primatic cistern as on on page 82 if this is the right answer how would it be fixed. Keep reading - the clue is in the question!!

proble6:- not shure may have something to do with the storage vessel thermostat. Question/drawing doesn't make it clear, but you could guess better...!

proble8:- the drainage can be achived using syphonage. temprature cutout and thermostat not working proberly Try again!

proble10:- there is an air lock in the tube to the sink and wc. Yes but why?

problem3:- clue p125 the cause is reverse circulation the solution is to take out the first tee junction to the feed and extend the pipe to the feed at the bottom.

proble4:-clue p124the pump speed may be set to high and feed and expansion pipes may be to far apart. Also feed and expansion tank may be to small You missed the point.

proble5:- page 82 a loss or air gap in the primatic cistern the cistern would need to be replaced with an indirect storage cisten

proble6:- storage cistern thermostat is set to high on the cistern.

problem3:- clue p125 the cause is reverse circulation the solution is to take out the first tee junction to the feed and extend the pipe to the feed at the bottom.
Sorry don't understand what you mean

proble4:-clue p124the pump speed may be set to high and feed and expansion pipes may be to far apart. Also feed and expansion tank may be to small. You missed the point.You missed the point. - still? What makes air get drawn in?

proble5:- page 82 a loss or air gap in the primatic cistern the cistern would need to be replaced with an indirect storage cisten BUT WHY??

proble6:- storage cistern thermostat is set to high on the cistern. Not at all. Think again Cistern(s)!!

What about Question 8???

We'll tell your mum so you'd better get em right... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back