do you wish you have never started something.......?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have started stripping my windows back (only in one room) using a heat gun. It is taking an age because of the various angle/bevels involved. I am thinking therefore of stripping the large flat surfaces using the 'gun' and then using a stripper for the more difficult to reach areas. Can anyone recommend a good stripper ( :LOL: ) and where I can get it from. Also, if I was to apply it tonight can i leave for 24hrs before removing the paint??

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Nitromores is very good, you can buy it from any DIY store, its not cheap, and you might have to do couple of applications, but it will get the paint off.
For your little corners and tricky bits, either use an old toothbrush, or wire wool.

Just be careful with the heat gun near your glass, if you get too close, the heat will crack the glass.

Sponsored Links
I would go for the Wilkinson brand paint stripper I've found that its much better than Nitromors. Also you won't be able to leave it for 24hrs, the paint has to be removed after about 15 minutes, otherwise the stripper will dry out and you'll be back where you started. Take care with whichever paint stripper you use keep the area well ventilated and leave the room between coatings - the fumes are highly noxious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back