Removing wallpaper has gone back to plaster

Sponsored Links
If you haven't tried and you are talking to someone who has.... then you are in no position to judge are you? Do you like Coronation Street? No but I haven't watched it. :rolleyes:

Actually I have tried, after some Numpty gave me a tin of paint to use on their walls.
After encountering the problem I have described, I was then told what they had done. Fortunately this was on top of already painted wallpaper so the problem was easily rectified.

Well it's not a practice that I care to undertake, yet I do know a number of Decorators that often add a small amount of pva, and to the best of my knowledge have not encountered problems.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Actually I have tried, after some Numpty gave me a tin of paint to use on their walls.
After encountering the problem I have described, I was then told what they had done. Fortunately this was on top of already painted wallpaper so the problem was easily rectified.

Well fancy that! Mr Hopeless suddenly remembers he HAS had experience. :rolleyes:

Well fancy that! Mr Hopeless suddenly remembers he HAS had experience. :rolleyes:

Name calling - how very grown up!

If you read my post from before you joined this thread then maybe you will notice something. :rolleyes:

There are two ways of looking at this situation:

Use PVA with paint and risk a whole host of problems, or
Don't use PVA with paint and don't risk a whole host of problems.

Easy choice in my eyes. ;)

joe,

Seeing as how you so strongly recommend using PVA with paint, it seems a little strange that you never directly respond to an OP's query by doing so. It seems you only join in to get some attention when another person dismisses the idea.

Yet another case of your incessant trolling it would appear.

No need to reply as I have hit the 'ignore' button. Crikey, that's some tally you've built up there :eek: - can't think why!

Lots of love,

mrH :evil:

The ignore button is the refuge of the unintelligent, Mr Clueless. :rolleyes:

Joe,
Just a quick question re adding PVA to emulsion to block nicotine. What is the correct procedure and does it DEFINITELY work to stop nicotine stains bleeding through ?
Cheers mate.

It was a trick I learned off an old poster named Zampa. If you do a search you may find it. I added around 20% PVA to emulsion on the gungiest ceiling in history. It bled through initially and then when it was dry the next coat didn't. The customer was asthmatic so I couldn't use oil undercoat.

cheers Joe,
Will do a search though you've answered the question really...20% PVA it is...Will try it next time...whatever happened to Zampa ?

Hi Joe,
Just did a quick search...Zampa ( bout 6 years ago ) says PVA waterd down as you say 20% put on the wall and THEN 2 coats of normal emulsion. Which method have you had success with Joe ? Presume you don't bother with the oil based undercoat method anymore ?

It's just that oil undercoat stinks so much. You have to add the PVA to the paint - not the wall. Another popular idea is smooth masonry paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back