Dodgy builder demanding money!

Why would I find that funny? More to the point, why would you suggest that I would find that funny?

Sponsored Links
Well, yes - it's pretty obvious when I'm joking:

I say, I say, I say - what did the luncheonmeat say to the liver sausage?

Ai doan't knoa! What did the luncheonmeat say to the liver sausage?

I'm pink, therefore I'm spam!

Bdoom, pssshhhh!

Sponsored Links
Well, theres been a range of interesting replies - so thanks for the advice, whether supportive or "oops - you won't be doing that again in a hurry will you!"!!

As a update, I wrote them a letter and sent it recorded delivery, telling them about the snags, how I allowed them to store their equipment when the job was finished blah blah blah!

I've recieved a letter back, which has made me chuckle a bit, as the original quotation for the work didn't include an added piece of work that is on the invoice sent to me, that the builder claims I agreed to!!!!
However, "as a gesture of goodwill" if the £230 is paid within 14 days they will knock that amount off - £110 !!!!
But, if I don't pay, then I will incur further costs :rolleyes:

The second invoice that they have sent is from a totally separate address, as the builder claims that the flooring was separate work, agreed with his father, and as he isnt VAT registered, then nothing to do with him.

But, erm, oops - I didn't think it would be possible to actually share a residential based telephone number that is used as a main operating telephone number for the main business with another totally separate business, thats not VAT registered, which is based at a separate address!

My advice given to me by my solicitor, is that its very unlikely that they will pursue, however, becuase I obviously want to avoid the hassle of messing around, do I respond with a counter letter, making a 50% offer to close the entire matter? If I attempted to reach an agreement, and they turn round and say **** off, if this did goto small claims, would they not look even more favourably on me becuase I have attempted to make a reasonable offer?

Note to self - Next time thinking about buying a house and doing it up - buy a bloody tent instead!!!

;) Wardster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back