dodgy floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in the upstairs part of our back extension the floor slopes away from you as you walk into the room all the way to the back window; it is like walking downhill! I need to level the floor but what do I use? I was thinking of buying some of that 8 X 2 chipboard from wickes and laying that as the stuff down at the moment seems paper thin, how do I raise the flooing up from the joists though? I am a DIY virgin!

Sponsored Links
8x2 18mm flooring ply is much much better than chipboad.

My local Wickes doesn't stock it but any timber merchant will

If you have a slope in an extension there is a chance something is subsiding or coming apart - take up a sample bit of floor to see what the cause is. Have enough new flooring to replace what you take up.

If you post some pics and tell us how many inches of drop you have, over how many feet of floor, it will help identify what's wrong.

If it is just old chipboad flooring :rolleyes: cracked or broken, that will be easy. Chipboard is basically rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back