Dodgy Plumbing Buried in Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice gratefully received.

A hot water supply pipe from a combi boiler to a bathroom has ruptured and is leaking water up through the screed and through my living room flooring.

The house is a single storey barn conversion completed 7 years ago (one of 4 conversions)
Two of the other properties in the last 12 mths have also featured ruptured pipes with floors having to be dug out to repair the pipes. Some of the pipes involved were not taped ......

Que ? Do I have a claim against the plumber who installed the original system - poor workmanship and a failure of duty of care ? Surely pipework if laid correctly should last longer than 7 years ?

Quite prepared to take this to small claims if required. Original plumbing firm still in business but not interested of course.

Many thanks for any advice/help !

Sponsored Links
Do you not think citizens advice or law for all would be a more suitable starting point?

Hi Swidders, thank you, yes, I have posted similar on a consumer forum.

I guess I was hoping that someone had had a similar experience with pipes buried in screed that had ruptured and perhaps had some advice learnt from experience of a similar situation etc.

I think you are ******* in the wind and should get your wallet out and pay yourself after 7 yrs ;)

Oh, and don't allow pipework to be buried in screed either as they may leak! :D

Sponsored Links
I think you are ******* in the wind and should get your wallet out and pay yourself after 7 yrs ;)

Oh, and don't allow pipework to be buried in screed either as they may leak! :D

Apart from underfloor heating :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back