?leak in mains water supply feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just posted in the building forum about an issue I'm having with rising damp. It appears the culprit may be the water supply ( with the stopcock on). I had the house completely re plumbed last year before moving in as it was lead. I was led to believe this pipe was no longer in use but have found out today that it is as the stopcock turns the water off still. This pipe is buried into the wall. After the plumbing I had the walls re plastered and a new kitchen fitted. Is there any way to check if there is a leak without too much disruption. Also if there is a leak do you think the insurance would cover the cost of re plastering and decorating? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I took 7 months to completely renovate the house and I don't think I could handle any more disruption especially with a teeny toddler running round.

Sponsored Links
I believe most insurance companies pay for the work to FIND the leak and the work to put everything right again (re-plastering etc)

They do not pay for the actual repair of the leak (which is normally a very quick job - once found)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back