Dodgy Renderer..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I hope this is in the right area and Ive searched the site but can't find anything that can help me directly so here goes..

A few years ago I had an extension rendered (on concrete blocks) and was very unhappy with the finish. It is full of scrapes and scratches and when the sun sines on it it generally looks a sight. I didnt pay the guy who did it and he blamed the sand..! Anyway, the render was sound (I had it checked out) I was advised that if I painted it with textured paint it might look ok. However, it actually looks worse now its white when the sun shines on it from a certain angle.

Its now bugged me enough that I'm going to do something about it as it lets my whole house down. I would appreciate if anyone can offer any advice about my options. I obviously want to avoid a re-render and was hoping to apply a thin coat of something like external artex or something that I can stipple to take away all the scrapes etc. I have seen HighBuild mentioned on a few threads but not sure if it will be suitable..?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hello,
A photo with the sun shining down the wall,would help.
But yes HighBuild would be a good option,unless the wall is really bad.Just check it will adhere to your paint.

You didn't pay for it - stop whining. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If it's only bad when the sun shines at a certain angle, that's when you don't look at it!

Seriously, Render is not to be snagged in 'cutting light'.

However if it looks bad all the time, then it's different. As said, photo would be good.

If it's too bad then just giving it a thin coat of something won't help .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back